Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January GSS entries


EDITED: for KWerner's Challenge:


Sooooo, I am wishing and hoping to be one of PTI's GSS this month. Wishful thinking as there are lots of talented ladies in that forum. Due to technical difficulties, the entries could not be judged tonight but because I want to see them somewhere... here goes




The first, the last, my everything

This little bucket was bought at Target two Christmasas ago...there are actually snowflakes under that brown strip of paper. I thought the pink would be perfect for a valentines day treat holder.


I thought I would make some cheapo plain white tissue look a little more custom by stamping a matching border and then detail cutting around the circles to make a scalloped edge. A little time consuming but for my special someone, totally worth it!


And finally a detail shot of the chunky white glitter on the negative space of the heart.


Next up....the P.S. I love you note set



This inexpensive little plain paper note pad has been kicking around the house for a while. I covered it with PTI dark chocolate paper (which by the way is some THICK cardstock! WOW!) See the inside where the pink scallop detail is? THat marks the edge of a little pocket to tuck an important slip of paper, a receipt whatever. PTI sets on this one are Love SOngs, Polka dot basics and corners and borders {scallops}. Also used my nestabilities scallop oval to die cut the PTI Raspberry fizz paper. THe border punches are SU! and Martha Stewert. The matching pen is a freebie that I recovered with plain paper stamped with PTI's Love songs border.



I Love You card



Ths little card was my first attempt at using PTI's guidelines. The red background print is handstamped at it was EASY and, gorgeous! The square grid included inspired me to double up the gridlines to make it more crossword size. The "xo"'s are PTI's Love SOngs and te red paper lace at the bottom are MS again.



And finally, a dress up of an old fave treat....the Sweethearts!



Again with the PTI Love Song set..this set has tons more that I didn't use but oh, I PLAN too! I should mention that all ink in the above projects are Classic SU! In case you are wondering if they will work well with the PTI clear stamps... they do! I had the best results holding my stamp down an extra beat longer than I would normally...especially with the images that have a larger solid image.


Well, that's it for tonight! The PTI release party was fun and went by fast. I have a wish list going for sure! :) nighty-night kids!

No comments: