Monday, March 16, 2009

A card for Tara


I got a little of piece of happy mail from tarajeane on the PTI message board about a week ago. It had these great tags from Every Jot and Tittle Etsy store inside. Lovely Tara was willing to share the tags if we would all make something with them to share and I finally had a chance to put this little card together with one of those tags last night. So this is for you, Tara! Tara happens to have some great cards to check out at her blog here. I started with stamping some of the smaller damask images from Dawn's Damask Designs on the inner area of the tag. I masked the edges with a couple sticky notes so the images would stay inside the black border. I then stamped the sentiment from the same set over the yellow damask.
I decided to make this card gate fold so the adorable tag could hang over the opening edge a little...sort of acts as a tab to open the card. The rest is paper and scallop punching but one tip on the button. It had a fairly tall shank which I did not want to clip off because I threaded my ribbon through it. To balance the button on the right side, I used half of a dimensional dot underneath to prop it up.

One final step was to do a little something to the inside. I mounted a piece of corner rounded cream cardstock stamped with the large damask image inside. I have been loving all of the cards out there with the surprise inside...this was my attempt. The yellow is light enough to write a message over the top with a black or grey pen.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Wassau (teal shimmer), CM (yellow)
Tag: Every Jot and Tittle on Etsy
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs
Punch: SU! scallop and CM corner rounder
Ink: SU! summer sun and going grey
Other: ribbon and button

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a bright sunny card!! That button looks like glass...is it? Or glassy-like? I saw Tara's sweet offer and its nice to see what someone did with them!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Dana, this is TOO cute! I love it!

Punkydoodle Papers said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I just found your blog via PTI. I love what you did with Tara's tag!