Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pillow Talk

Hey all! Happy weekend! Wow! Where did Saturday come from? Time for a little something new on the blog so here we go! As I * may* have mentioned ;) , I have been having fun with the Damask Designs stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I knew I'd need to try a home dec piece with this set designed by Dawn McVey soon so I came up with this little pillow idea. Target has nothing on me! LOL Forget $19.95 "bargain" Target throw pillows, we can make our own in any color pallet we want for pennies :) This would also make a darling custom gift as well. Before sewing the pillow, I stamped the largest damask image on the bottom two thirds of the pink cotton and the small line of images in the top third. I stamped with brown Staz On ink so it would be waterproof. I used fabrictac to attach the brown trim between the two sides of stamped images, allowing an inch to hang over the edges of the fabric so the trim would be sewn into the seam at the edges. I then matched the
right side of the stamped fabric to a chocolate brown fabric and hand stitched the two squares together leaving a small opening to turn the fabric right side out and stuff with stuffing. Finally, I closed up the stuffing seam and stitched on some sheer ribbon and a button. And voila! Custom home accessory! ...for pennies!
And just because, a matching card in case I wanted to give this away. The card was cut using a coluzzle, leaving the one inch fold at the top un-cut. The brown scallops are simply circle punches that have been arranged around the edge of the white circle stamped with the large Damask design. A little brownstone glitter from Martha Stewart to bling it up and one of the beautiful scripted sentiment from the Damask set to finish it off.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a beautiful weekend :)
Supplies:
Pillow:
Papertrey Ink Damask Designs stamp set
Light pink and chocolate brown fabric approximately 13" x 13"
Staz On brown ink
Brown trim 14"
Button
Sheer ribbon Offray
Thread
Pillow stuffing
Card:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Damask Designs stamp set
Cardstock: SU!
Glitter: Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Offray
Cutting system: Coluzzle
Punch: CM
Ink: SU!

7 comments:

tg said...

Super cute -- this set is great and you are using it in so many creative ways.

Emilia said...

Beautiful project!!!!!

Elise said...

GET OUT! You did that!?! A-dorable! You're amazing! Expert stamping! I love it!

Scrapping Julie said...

wowza! you did an awesome job. i may try that......one day!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Dana, I am SOOOO impressed with this!! I LOVE your color scheme and oh my gosh, you made a Damask Designs PILLOW???? :) Beautiful! And I must say, your card could not be cuter!

Thanks so much for sharing the link to your project with me.....I'm so glad I got to see this!

Karen said...

Jaw sitting on floor!!!!!!!! OH MY!!!! DANA!!! Chatty me is having a hard time putting words together. This is STUNNING!!! Your imagination and creative spirit really never cease to amaze me!!! I absolutely LOVE this!

Tracey said...

WOW Dana, this is beautiful. I will have to try this. Just lovely!!!