Monday, June 1, 2009

My Time dry embossing challenge and Little Paper Shop challenge

Happy monday! I'm here to share a little something I made inspired by the My Time to create challenge with Lauren Meader. You may have seen my cupcake box HERE. I also used a sketch from the Little Paper Shop who so generously sponsored a prize for the Stampin Out Alzheimer's event this past week. I had so much fun creating a dry embossing sample for the DT I needed to try this out again!
This lovely butterfly is from the retried (boo hoo!) Stampin up set, Wonderful Wings. Time for SU! to let this one out of the vault I say. Anyhow, I again stamped the image with versamark, outlined with a stylus and then colored from the backside of the vellum in graduating colors of orange, yellow and pale yellow. A bit of coffee brown was added for the body and a few spots. Check out the pop the dry embossing gives this butterfly... The circle window was cut with a coluzzle (oh provo! how could you discontinue the coluzzle?)and a piece of spare acetate from packaging was added to the window to give the card strength and a spot to liquid glue the butterfly body and antennae to the card. The wings are free floating and have an elegant curve to them because of the dry embossing. Bonus!
The sketch was perfect for this card. Thanks Little Paper Shop!
Thanks for stopping by today :)
Supplies:
Paper: Stampin Up!
Stamps: Stampin Up!
Ink: Versamark
Buttons: Papertrey Ink vintage lemon tart
pens: Zig scroll and brush and SU! brush tip
Punch: SU! scallop
Other: dmc floss and embossing stylus

12 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Dana!! This is sooooo lovely!! Your butterfly sings....and not just because of the fabulous dry embossing, but also from that coloring and your genious idea to make her fluttering in the open sky, so to speak! What a perfect card to warm someone's heart! :>

Elise said...

"....and you are the WIND beneath my {butterfly} WINGGGGGSSSSS!" You FLOOR me, you fantastic creative goddess! This is so far over the top I've got vertigo! YOU go! WAHOO!

tg said...

Wow, this card is so soft and beautiful. The perfect colors of yellow. The butterfly is awesome. I am so inspired to use clear on a card -- I intended to do so this weekend but it never happened.

Karen said...

V just saw this....asked her is she wanted to see a beautiful butterfly....and she came running. In the highest voice possible, she says, "Yea! That's pretty! Mama, that's so pretty!!" We both like the roses in the background as well. :>

Francis Civira said...

Hi Dana, thanks for your comment in my blog, because is a way to meet with a wonderful crafters in the world, like you!
Your butterfly is amazing, is so delicate and perfect.
Thanks for your detailed explanation, I love the way how you cut the dry embossed image!
Thanks for sharing!

Denise Vakili Fine Art said...

Wow, that's really beautiful. what an interesting way to use vellum. And that cupcake. Well, just get out of town, that is so cute. Way beyond my level, but great inspiration!! You're a talented lady, Dana.
Denise

Winter said...

That butterfly is beautiful!I love the dry embossing on the velum, I don't think I have ever dry embossed! I'll have to try it! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Love that butterfly!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Wow Dana! This is REALLY pretty!! I love your butterfly and your take on the sketch :O) Beautiful!

Lauren (mytime) said...

HOLY MOLY I love it. So pretty.
I agree! I LOVE my coluzzle and use it endlessly despite the fact that I own the nestities! Its one of the best ciircle cutters, ever!

Unknown said...

WOW Dana -- Gorgeous Girl!! Incredible....I'm at a loss for words ;) GREAT project!!

Unknown said...

Wow, the embossed butterfly card is amazing. I must say, embossers surely make things look pretty. I have recently bought an embosser from Acorn Sales (http://www.acornsales.com/) for enhancing my stationery. Both the quality and variety of designs of the embosser are worth appreciating. I'd recommend Acorn Sales to all those who want to enrich their collection.