Friday, June 19, 2009

My Time to Create Template challenge

Hi all! Happy saturday! It's time for a challenge from Lauren Meader and the My Time to Create Challenge team. Here in the US, tomorrow is Father's Day. I am highlighting a project today that I made for my dad....one super special guy...a hero type you know?? The challenge from Lauren this week is to use one of her Timeless Templates, that you can pick up over at Papertrey Ink, and also to create your own background paper. For my project, I chose the Captured Card Case template. To make my background paper I used a digital kit from Elise Hansen at the Digi Chick What a Catch and stamps from Papertrey Ink. The juicy "I'm so glad that you're my dad" looks like a stamp but is actually a digital element I placed on the background paper as a custom stamp specifically fitting the dimensions of this project. I stamped the lines of stars to complete my simple background with ARound and ABout Sentiments from PTI. The blue star was stamped on white cardstock and paper punched with a fiskars star punch and added to the grouping. Once the template was folded up, I inked the edges with dark chocolate ink frm PTI. A little inking goes a long way don't you think?
A couple strips of cardstock to the edges and that's about all this little box for Dad needs. And what will I fill it with? Typically this box holds a set of A2 size notecards and envelopes but my dad is not much of a notecard writer ;) This year I will fill it with a letter from me, just to let him know how special his is to me and that I'm so glad that he's my dad!
For more inspiration, visit the my time to create DT for lots of amazing template ideas. And then we hope you make something and share it through the Mr Linky on Lauren's blog. Can't wait to see what you make.

Lauren
Alicia
Dawn
MacKenzie
Maria
Kendra
Kristen
Tracey
Pam
Jen
Odette
Lisa
Tamara

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Template: Captured Card Case by Lauren Meader for PTI
Digikit: What a Catch by elise Hansen at the DigiChick
Stamps: Around and About Sentiments and Star Prints Papertrey Ink
Paper: Georgia Pacific
Ink: SU!
Other: pinking shears, Microsoft Word

9 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Ohhh...love that you used a digital background and sentiment, Dana! I JUST started lookinginto digital scrapbooking the other day so it's nice to see the very different ways people use the elements!

I really like how the sentiment looks rustic and sanded. Very manly :) Also love the stars you added. They are the perfect complement to the overall project. I'm sure your dad will love his box...and the gorgeous card I know you will put inside :O)

Have a great weekend, lady!

Lisa Kind said...

Great project for a great guy! I wish my dad was still around...I miss him! Love what you've done with the digi images! These boggle my mind sometimes! Wonderful job with the challenge!

Maria said...

Dana! This looks fantastic! Would a great gift.

Elise said...

Ohhhhh, Dana! ANOTHER fantastic digi-hybrid, stamped, loved and well thought out project! This will contain some of the most meaningful treasure, ever! I just know it: your dad will be delighted. Your hands, ideas, paper, computer, stamps and love= a WONDERFUL thing! Great job!

Karen said...

What a special way to present a special note from you! I'll bet he will love it! Love your digi-stamped-template combo; you have become quite the hybrid girl and are teaching us all! :>

Handmade by Odette said...

I agree with Kristin, your project looks very manly. And I love the colors you used. Great job Dana!!

AKiteFlier said...

Dana this is amazing - I just love what you put together for your dad - how wonderful is that! I also love how you combined digital art with some stampin too. ROCKIN awesome!

DoxieGirl said...

This is so wonderful Dana! Love how your hybrid project - it looks great!
~Kendra

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

You are totally turning into a digital diva!! It's sort of exciting to watch this unfold!!