Friday, June 5, 2009

Raspberry Suite Challenge #8 {again} and a sweet find

TGIF darlings! I love a friday...especially when it's the last day of school for my 2nd, now 3rd GRADER! Wowsers! Final day of school = class party and a thank you for a wonderful teacher! Thus, the coordinating card to yesterday's gift box! Keeping in theme with Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Challenge #8. Literally, this is card casserole, AKA all pieces from my desktop reworked into a sweet little card.

the challenge:

my card:
and the combo of yesterday's triangle box and the card casserole card :) Check out the details and the GIVE AWAY I am hosting with Kelleigh Ratzlaff HERE. {click}
And just to share something random, check out these smashing aluminum tart pans/jello molds I scored a a thrift store in Ukiah, CA! I LOVE them and I especially love that they were 25 cents. I just have to think of the PERFECT thing to do with them!
Have I confessed here in blogland I am a thrift store junky? I AM! And the junkier and cheaper the thrift, the happier I am. I LIKE to buy crafty stuff for a 5 cent price tag...it makes my day in fact. I have more thrift scores to share in future posts that will eventually make their way into the crafting and home dec ideas I have rolling around in my head. OK, I am blabbering...it's getting late and I need to wrap this up and schedule it.
I am SO glad you could stop by today! I am honored that you share your day with me :)

7 comments:

Karen said...

Love your card casseroles, Dana!! You rock at making your scraps sing. I always forget to do that with my scraps. I really should because I'm not a fan at putting my scraps away and will procrastinate it to death. Love the little white dots at the scallops around your latte and of course, that MS border punch!! :>

anya said...

Cute card! Love the shimmer! (I love thrift stores too ;)

Winter said...

Cute card! Love the foam on top! My son is also going to the 3rd grade this year, how neat! I too love thrift stores and yard/garage sales. You can find so many cool things to make from there!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Gorgeous card! I am sure you will find something great to do with those tins! I have been itching to go do some yard sale/thrift store shopping myself... just have to find time to do it without the toddler! :-) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Elise said...

You slay me, girl! That coffee is YUMMY! Just like you and all that you put your "glitter" to! You are simply an ARTIST! Fabulous and fun work, lovely SLD!

Scrapping Julie said...

look at THIS! i love it. i do love yard sales and thrift stores, however i do not make enough time to go to them. my off time is precious crafting time! LOL maybe this summer i will allow more time to shop around.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the buttons and the bling. Super job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.