Sunday, July 26, 2009

PTI Blog Hop {text challange}

Woohoo! Blog hop time! It's a challenge to use text in your project. I chose to lean on the PTI Around and About Sentiments to create my text panel. I was out last evening so I couldn't link up but I'm here this morning with a project anyways :)



I inked up the single line of text "happy birthday to you" and stamped away. Each line has been inked in two colors. The way I like to do that is ink the whole stamp with the lightest color and then go back and ink random areas with the corner of the darker color ink pad. It's a fun and playful variation.

The top embellishment is also stamped and layered using the around and about set. The heart has been popped up on foam tape and also shined up with glossy accents. The orange glitter on this card provides just a bit more shine as well as the shiny satin dotted ribbon.
Thanks for hopping by! I can't wait to see what everyone did with text last night!
Supplies:
Paper: PTI
Stamps: PTI
Ink: SU!
Punches; SU and CM
Embossing plate: Cuttlebug
Other: corsage pin and ribbon

10 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Whew Dana I was wondering how I missed your fabulous creation last night - good to know you just posted it. I love this card - it's SO bright, cheery and fun. Thanks for sharing how you do the words with the two colors. That's a great splash of extra color, too.

Karen said...

You have definitely made great use of this set! I always love seeing how you have tweaked it for a new project and of course, reminding me that I still need that little gem of a stamp set in my collection!! :>:> Glad to see you were able to whip up a texty piece, even if you were unable to link up last night. :>

BethieJ said...

I was WONDERING how I missed this too! then I read it! I didnt! LOL! Your card is FABULOUS! LOVE the colors!!!

Nancy L. said...

love it! very fun!

Daniela Dobson said...

OK, you got me worried that I missed it last night...this is awesome. I love the fun colors!

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome Dana, i just love it. love the way the colors fade into each other!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is very cute! I love the colors you used... they make me happy!! I wanted to participate but thought about it at the last minute and didn't get time to make anything! That must have taken you forever to stamp the text! I love it!!

Maile Belles said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Great job on the challenge. I love the bright rainbow colors and how you used dark and light shades. So bright and cheery. This was my first blog hop, its was so much fun!!!

Danderella said...

Wow! Kudo's to you for stampin' all those lines...and stampin' them straight! Great card.

tg said...

Great card. Love the colors and that retouched pin, very nice.