Friday, August 21, 2009

My Time to Create Template Challenge #05 and SPCC#11...sweet picnic

Happy Saturday Friends! It's time for another challenge with Lauren Meader and the My Time to Create Challenge team. It's template time! Time to make something with one of Lauren's My Timeless Templates offered at Papertrey Ink....there are even two freebies so give em a try if you haven't already. And, I'm also using color inspiration from the fabulous Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Challenge blog. Have you seen this one yet? Always amazing eye candy over there!
the challenges:

my project:
The template challenge is two fold this week....use a template AND make it school themed. So this little basket called Pack a Picnic has been transformed with green galore cardstock from Stampin Up and stamps from Stampin UP and Papertrey Ink. This is the perfect shade of green for those snappy granny smith apples! Might as well start off on the right foot with your teacher and bring him or her an apple in a super fun container!

I added the brown to the outer edge of the stamped apple by first inking it up with green galore and then rolling the stamp edges into the brown ink. A very time honored stamping technique that never fails to impress me!

The fun part about 3-D projects is that they show well from every angle! I used a stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the row of small apple stamps and the "basket grid" is the grid stamp from Papertrey's Guidelines set. The handles are strung onto the button floss that is then threaded through the side of the basket and taped to the inside. I think the buttons really give it a little something special. :)
Are you ready for some amazing inspiration from the design team? Check them out:

Don't forget that Lauren will be picking her fave five to highlight this week. You will find the Mr Linky on Lauren's blog so hook us up oh crafty ones. We can't wait to see what you are making! Thanks so much for coming by this week!

Supplies:

  • Template: Lauren Meader
  • Paper: SU! and Georgia Pacific
  • Stamps: SU!, Papertrey Ink and Provo Craft
  • Ink: Colorbox and SU!
  • Punch: SU!
  • Other craft supply: embroidery floss, brad, buttons, gingham ribbon

25 comments:

Winter said...

Ok, this is too cute! I love the colors and that ribbon is great! :)

Ann said...

This is absolutely too cute!!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

So cute Dana! I love the colors... what a fun teachers gift!

Lisa Kind said...

Love it, Dana! I really like that green...it's one of my favs! And any teacher would love the apple! Great project!

Jen Tapler said...

Adorable as always girl!! Great job combining challenges!! I never think to do that and you knocked it out of the park for BOTH of them!!! :-)

Susan said...

Thanks for joining us at SPCC! What a cute project, and great use of the colors.

tg said...

Beautiful Dana. That apple is so cool! Love this!

Kristina said...

What a gorgeous basket! Beautiful.

Elise said...

Apples, apples, EVERYWHERE! Holy Moly! Don't forget to plug the local GRAVENSTEIN! Hee Hee This is as darling, as darling gets! HAPPY and SPOILED teachers, your girls have: that's what I say! This is such a fun and inspirational project! You da WO-man!

Maria said...

This is so nice! I love that green color! Makes a great gift!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I LOVE this in the green!! How HOT would that look on a desk?!

Mara Campbell said...

The green is wonderful!!! I so need to get that template out and use it, I love what you did with it!

Laurel Beard said...

I love your basket and absolutely love the gridlines. I hope you don't mind if I CASE you! TFS!

Melissa said...

That shade of green is so lovely! What a beautiful job you did with this template!

AKiteFlier said...

Dana this is fantastic - I love the green apple idea and that gingham bow is bright and cheery and the perfect accent. :-)

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh Dana! What a fantastic gift basket :) I love your granny smith colors...and thanks for sharing the challenge blog. I hadn't heard of that one yet. That bow is just a perfect accent along with that granny smith apple on the front :) Tooo cute!! Ant those buttons are so adorable!

Daniella said...

This project is so Bee-U-T-Full!!
The buttons and ribbons are adorable, and the stamping looks like actual weaving!
You played our color challenge at SPCC perfectly!! So glad you joined us this week!!

Karen said...

I knew that was Guidelines grid....what a great way to use it!! Love the green stitching on the buttons. The whole thing is a whole lotta fun! :>

Emily said...

Your work always amazes me!

Thanks for playing along.

Emily-SP Diva

Craftastic Life said...

super cute!!!

heidi said...

OMG what a great project! That apple is gorgeous!!

Heidi SP Diva

Karen said...

I love what you did with this template. Great job!!

Stephanie said...

What a fun project! I absolutely love it!!! Great job!

~kelly marie~ said...

Oh my goodness, could this basket be any cuter?! I love the apples and the way you used the colors. So perfect!

suzARTe said...

this little basket is just gorgeous, the colours have worked so well together