Tuesday, August 25, 2009

PTI Blog Hop {fall challenge} and Card Patterns #29

Hey friends! Just got done cleaning up a fabulous dinner for my sweetie's birthday. Whew doggies! It was sooo yummy...even yummier because my sweet MIL made it! :) I sat down to take a little blog break and realized I missed the blog hop window for Papertrey. Oh well, there was still plenty of inspiration so I figured, what the heck? and made a card!


I decided to gather additional inspiration from this card sketch from Card Patterns #29:
the sketch:
my card:
I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the left and then went to town with some luscious fall ribbon, a vintage button, twine, gems and a couple of my favorite Papertrey products: bitty dot paper, Damask Designs and Fancy Flourish stamps.

Check out the :BLING: bLiNg Bling! I just love these golden craft gems. It reminds me of when the sun glints off of the leaves when they turn all of those golden-orange colors. OOOOooh I can't wait for fall to get here with the gorgeous bright blue days, crisp morning air and, best of all, cozy clothing and a fire or two in the woodstove. Bring on the fall!

Thanks for hopping by. I really appreciate that you share you day with me!

Supplies:
Paper: Papertrey Ink and Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Damask Designs and Fancy Flourish by Papertrey
Ink: SU!
Craft Supplies: gems, vintage button, hemp twine and ribbon



20 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, beautiful card!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Gorgeous Dana! Love that ribbon and bling!

Jane said...

just GORGEOUS!

Antje said...

Great card with beautiful colors, love the bling and the ribbon!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Way to make that ribbon work. I can never figure out really big ribbon, but you did a good job. Great job with the fall challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Karen said...

Oh Dana, you are a girl after my own heart!! LOVE the rich fall colors, your bling, layered stamping, and of course, that ribbon!! I am looking forward to fall too...oh so much! (And really don't want the triple digit heat that's expected to arrive this weekend!) I forgot about PTI's blog hop too, even though I was excited about the theme....think I'm in a end of summer slump!!

Laurel said...

Wow, it is so beautiful!

Aimes said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! I'm so glad you still entered it on the Blog Hop because it's just stunning! I love your row of bling and the ribbon is divine!
You've got me really lookin' forward to fall now!
Aimes
x

tg said...

Beautiful Dana! So Fall. Love the colors, bling, yep love it.

whoistracy said...

Dana this is just wonderful! Love the row of gems, the colors, the BIG bow!!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I love that warm orange color! The flourish looks great over the damask!

Ann said...

Dana, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the ribbon and bling, and those warm fall colors are just perfect! I can't wait for autumn either!

Elise said...

Hello, PAPERDAYDREAM! This card IS dreamy! I feel all fallish and satisfied, for some reason. Maybe it's your use of color.. Maybe it's the use of BLING! Or maybe is because you are just so dern crafty: you are like a perfect HARVEST! Hee Hee {I swear, it's only coffee on board right now!} This is GORGEOUS, sweet and crafty gal!

Winter said...

OH, HOW BEAUTIFUL! I love everything about it! Love that ribbon! Great blog title too! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... This is GORGEOUS!!! Just gorgeous! Love the damask... I was "THIS" close to using it on my card somehow also.

Cammie said...

The flourish, the gemstones, the ribbon, the colors---everything--just gorgeous!

Taheerah said...

This is stunning Dana!

Scrapping Julie said...

dang girl, this is AWESOME!!!
i wanna get my hands on some of that YUMMY ribbon!

Karen said...

I'm back again....and I've left an award for you on my blog. Its a long post...you might want a cup of java for it! ;->

Mary said...

WOW! I love the lovely fall colors!