Friday, September 25, 2009

My Time to Create Template Challenge #06



Hey blog friends!  It's time for another challenge with Lauren Meader and the my time team.  This week is a challenge to use a My Timeless Template to create beautiful packaging for candy! 


I chose the Recipe Wrap Up template...one of the freebies offered by Lauren over at Papertrey Ink!


I will be giving my gift to my cousin and his wife-to-be on their wedding day in october.  The recipe wrap is the perfect way to house individual messages from our family of four, plus something sweet to represent their sweet love, and the "moola"  as I like to give good old cash for the actual wedding present.


After sliding the decorative belt off of the wrap-up, it unfolds to show the 6 individual pockets inside.


Hershey bars fit perfectly inside!  Yet another great template design by Lauren Meader!

Want some more inspiration?  Check out the My Time to create team:

They will for sure tempt your taste buds and your craft mojo with their candy re-dos.  I hope you'll take some creative time to try one of the templates for the challenge this week.  Link us up to your creation on the Mr Linky on Lauren's blog so we can all see!

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Elise said...

Ooooowwww! I want CANDY! Really! I do!

Oh, Dane! Scrumptious work in more ways than... Chocolate! Yummmm! Such a screamin' great project! And, sweet and talented one: EXPERT photography, once again! This is so beautiful, I do want to eat it! {Tee Hee}

Unknown said...

FABBY Dana!! And Beautiful to boot! Way to go girlie -- LOVE what you've done here...the personalization, the elegance...just lovely!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh WOW! This is SOOOO pretty :O) Just PERFECT for a wedding gift! Love the damask looking red patterned paper that contrasts so elegantly with the pink and white. Great combination and love the monogrammed "R". I'm sure they will treasure this wedding "treat" :O) Money, candy, notes...all housed in such a pretty wrapper. What's not to love?!

Lisa Kind said...

What a great wedding gift (I give $$ too for weddings...they usually need it!)! How fun to find a candy bar in that too! I'm sure they'll love it!

Lisa Kind said...

Forgot to tell you that I love what you've done with the flowers and the monogram! So cool!

AKiteFlier said...

ow Dana this is FANTASTIC! What a great wedding gift package - I love the monogram and the flowers and the pearls. This is something I'll need to file away :-) Thanks for sharing, GF. Hugs

Jane said...

Awesome project! LOVE it!!

Tamara said...

What a thoughtful gift! I love that there will be lists and a place to stick notes, but also some chocolate! What could be better?

Maria said...

Great job! What an awesome idea!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Dana... such great creations you posted while I was away from my computer! Such a great idea for Lauren's template and oh my.... the ribbon wedding cakes are sooooo awesome! Will have to remember that so I can make one! I love love them!!

Karen said...

Well, it doesn't get much sweeter than that, now does it?! Love the monogrammed front and the sweet treat inside is such a delight! :>

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Awesome! What a great way to send candy bars and maybe a gift card to college kids. Great idea.