Tuesday, November 24, 2009

EBtKS sketch #1 ....Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree, for me


I've been an awful good girl... ;)  OK, so I don't really want a sable...but I'd take the convertible that the ever amazing Ertha Kitt croons about in one of my fave Christmas songs.  Oh yes!  It's time for Christmas toon-age on my radio...for those of you resisting, just embrace it. LOL!  Did you all see the latest from the Kitchen Sink girls?  Check out their Sketch challenge #1 here.  This simple card has been rolling around in my head for a week but thanks to the SWINE flu (eek!), I'm getting it done at the last minute!




The sketch is based on the lovely Courtney Baker's fireplace mantle so I wanted to capture the feel of architecture and masonry with my textured and inked paper.  The stamp is one of my faves from last year and always reminds me of Santa, baby!


Some red embroidery floss hangs this "ornament" from it's ribbon bough.  Also, I cracked open the chamomile ink from Papertrey and it is JUST like toasted marshmallow against this cream cardstock.


So glad you stopped by today.  Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and wonderful weekend...
Photobucket

15 comments:

Amy Heller said...

Love, love, oh yeah- did I say, LOVE it!!??!!!

Dawn said...

Oh yes, Santa is sure to hurry down that chimney! Gorgeously simple and clean. Love it!

~amy~ said...

absolutely fantabulous!

Karen said...

Wowzers! Love the architectural effect you gave those squares, the red red ribbon, and that sweet stamp! I can't believe you produced this with the flue...THE flu!! You are a talent! Now you've got me singing along and I hope you are feeling much better!!

Laurel said...

Oh my, this is wonderful!

anya said...

Very cute, Dana - I love it!

Elise said...

Holy GORGEOUS texture! YOU have been a WONDERFUL girl! LOOKEE what she made, SANTA! Hurry! She'd look swell in that car! hee hee

Glad to see you back in the craft mines! Yipee!

"I really SHOULD go..." ba dum, bah dum ba dum ba dum!

Courtney Baker said...

This so pretty! Oh and just to let you know your link in Mr. Linky is wrong! Thanks so much for playing along girl!

Vanessa said...

Love this!! Super card! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Jane said...

Love it! Gorgeous!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Dana! I am happy that you are feeling better! Have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Winter said...

So cute! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! We just did Christmas pics today, that looks very simlar to this! ;)

Lynnette said...

So cute, thanks for playing along

Paloma Gomez said...

So cute!

~kelly marie~ said...

WOWZA! Love this card! The texture! That adorable stamp! The bow!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at EbtKS!