Monday, November 30, 2009

Kelleigh Ratzlaff's 30 ornaments in 30 days...Gingerbread house gable box


Happy monday friends!  It's the 30th of November and today marks the LAST day of Kelleigh Ratzlaff's personal and lofty challenge to make 30 ornaments in 30 days from her wonderful templates.  The girl is an ornament making machine I tell you!  Check out Kelleigh's blog for amazing ornament ideas.  Along the way, she had some help from her creative team girls and it's my honor to help with the final post of the month.

Eeek!  Fun huh?  This little gingerbread house for Frosty was made using Kelley's Gable Box template.  It's the same one I used for the holiday gift box on THIS post.

What a fun little gift box huh?  I embellished the front to resemble a gingerbread house and stamped the back and side panels with vintage cream ink from papertrey.  Don't you LOVE that puffy snowman sticker?  I've had a packet of these Mrs Grossman's snow people rolling around in my stash for a few holiday seasons now and this one is perfect here!

I made the roof by layering border punched strips up the top of the box.  The teeny "candy drops" decorating the strips are dimensional fabric paint.  They add a great shine and dimension to the box.

Just like frosting huh?  White and red dimensional fabric paints look just like cookie frosting!


The red ribbon handle looped through the hole punched in the top serves as an ornament hanger too so the gift recipient can use this as an ornament once their gift is retreived from the box.  Thanks to Kelleigh for all of the ornament making fun this month and thanks to all of you for coming by today!  Have a good one!

Supplies:
Template: Kelleigh Ratzlaff
Paper: Papertrey ink and DCWV
Stamps: Recollections
Ink: Papertrey
Sticker: Mrs Grossmans
Punch: Ek and Martha Stewert
Craft supply: dimensional fabric paint and satin ribbbon

Photobucket

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Wow, another fabulous idea using that gable box! So cute!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

This is too darling for words Dana! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! So cute!
:) Rachel

Karen said...

Wow, you are all over that paper crafted gingerbread house/ornament!! You're right, fabric paint DOES look like frosting! (hmmmm.....I have a bag FULL of clearanced out fabric paint that I had yet to find a use for.......:>:>) I'm loving the paper crafting options for the gingerbread houses that we can't make out of actual gingerbread anymore....thanks for sharing another fantastic one! :>

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is so gorgeous, Dana!! I'm SO happy that this is the FINAL project in my series! LOL! What a Grand Finale!!

sunghee said...

LOVE LOVE All the detail! You are too fab!

Elise said...

Scrumptious MUFFINS is that the cutest and most DELICIOUS?!?!? Why, YES... is! I'm in love ~ I want to move RIGHT in! Delightful work, my dear one! You are CRAFTILICIOUS! One hot crafty-licious babe! Super work! Yeee HAW and WAHOOOOOOOOOO!

{I'm thinking you are primed and READY to get your DISTRESS on! WAHOOO!}