Friday, April 9, 2010

Just Us Girls #28....make a scrapbook page

It's time for another challenge with Just Us Girls!  Alicia has chosen to challenge us to a scrapbook page!  That's rigt, time to get your scrap on!  Check out her sketch...
Ca-ute huh?  So here's the deal...make a scrapbook page using this sketch as inspiration.  The color combo is up to you.  Here's what I made with Alicia's wonderful sketch....
There's my youngest a year ago, just getting ready to graduate preschool and take on the world!  :)
I took the opportinity to layer lots of designer papers, punches, and cuts using SCAL (*love*). 
The area Alicia designated for journaling was perfect for using a pre-printed cardstock tag by cosmo cricket.  I hid my handwirtten journaling underneath.
Here is the journaling area when it's open.

OK, you ready to get your scrap on?  Check out all of the designers blogs for more creative inspiration and then come scrap with us :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great one!

Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Papertry ink, Stampin Up
Punches: Fiskars, EK success, Martha Stewert
SCAL cuts: SVGCuts.com (flower), CK holiday spirit (font)
craft supply: craft gems and ribbon
Photobucket

9 comments:

Canda said...

Beautiful page! Love all of the layering!!!

~amy~ said...

Super cute Dana!!

Sue Lelli said...

Dana, This is just SO CUTE! I should have had a little girl - or so my Mom keeps telling me! I LOVE how you intertwined Shelby's name in the flowers! I LOVE the bright colors! And most of all I LOVE the hidden journaling! Giggle says it all!

AKiteFlier said...

Fabulous Dana.Love the colors and all the amazing layers you put in your title. I also adore the way you did the hidden journaling box - very clever!!! Your daughter is precious and I think you are going to be one very busy mom!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty & girly Dana! Shelby is so precious! Love the bright - bold colors & the embellishments you used!

Jan Evans said...

Great design, Dana! I really love your vivid colors and your wonderful sentiment card! Your daughter is too cute!

Alicia Weiman said...

Dana,
I just love your page. The colors, pictures, flowers are perfect. I love how you added your journaling under a flap too....great job!

Maria said...

Fabulous page,love the colors. What a cutie pie, my daughter has that same shirt! LOL!

Karen said...

Cute, happy, and full of life....kind of like your girl! :> Lovin' all the punching & cutting here....especially that fabby font...the 'S'!!! Happy sigh. Another happy sigh for the sweet flower and butterfly on your hidden journaling tag! :>