Monday, January 17, 2011

Gray is the new black challenge!


So true so true!  Gray IS the new black.  I love wearing gray, especially of the charcoal gray variety.  Totally had to jump in on the Gray is the new Black challenge going on at Moxie Fab world!  It's been a loooooong time since I got to play over there, feels good to be back!

I kept gray the center of my attention with pleated gray ribbon "grass", gray polka dotted DP from October Afternoon for the "Stem" and vintage book print for the die cut daisy layers.  A gray button from my stash topped with a single Want2Scrap yellow bling  is meant to tie the flower to the sunny yellow October Afternoon DP that I matted this card to.

This clean and simple card is destined for a dear person in my life who has a birthday coming up!  She's so totally "Gray is the new Black" that I can't wait to give her this card.  Thanks Moxie Fab for the inspiration!  and thank you for dropping by!

PS: be sure to check out the Want2Scrap post below...big news you don't want to miss....a match made in heaven: Want2Scrap bling and Nestabilities and a great giveaway!!  I love CHA time of year.  The papercraft world is just jumpin' with new products and that makes me *grin*
Photobucket

14 comments:

Andrea M said...

Oh Dana! Be still MY heart!!!! This is MAGNIFICENT!!! love the colors!!!

Ann said...

Love, love, LOVE this, Dana! The flower is amazing!!! Definitely Moxie Fab! :D

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh! I just made a card with these exact colors! I haven't posted it yet. I didn't even see that challenge! I'll have to enter for sure! LOVE your card! so pretty! That flower is fab!

Holly Young said...

I LOVE this Dana! Really classy and hip looking!

Karen said...

Gray, especially that yummy charcoal gray, is so delish in winter. Its like wrapping yourself in warm flannel...only chic! :> LOVE, LOVE! your texted frilly flower....its making me smile!!! :>:>

Rebekah said...

love the grey yellow colour combo... charcoal grey is my fave too.. especially for soft warm sweaters:)

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful! I adore that flower!

~amy~ said...

Oh Dana...super gorgeous!!!!

Nancy said...

Love your "flower" card, great idea for a soft and girly flower.

Elise said...

Aaack! LOOK AT THE BEAUTY in your GRAY GARDEN! Everything is coming up blingy and sensational! {Your PHOTOGRAPHY just makes me giddy - it's exquisite!} YOU have hit the Niagra Falls -o- craft mojo, sweet sista! I LOVE THIS!!!!

veronica said...

cool flower petals.

Helen F. said...

Dana, your card is so pretty! Love the newsprint flower...so cool :o)

Melinda Spinks said...

Love the grey and yellow and that flower is just the sweetest thing. Thanks for sharing!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)