Thursday, March 31, 2011

Make it monday ink blending...It's a MAN! {card}


Hey friends!  This card is a quickie using the ink blending technique showcased over at Papertrey Ink this week.  I used a great digital image from Cathe Holden at JustSomethingIMade.  Once I opened the deer and tree silhouette image in Word, I was able to crop it to size and add the sentiment "Happy Birthday to our Son"  easily by layering a text box with the font color set to white.

Before using my inking tool and dye inks to colorize the background, I sprayed a quick layer of clear spray paint to set the inkjet printer ink and stop it from smearing when I was swirling on the ink. Simple!  And such an easy way to bring depth to a nature scene.  Thanks for stopping by...no go ink something :)
Photobucket
Digi: vintage deer silhouette from Cathe Holden 
cardstock and ink: Papertrey Ink
Other: Microsoft Word 2007
Photobucket

4 comments:

Elise said...

THIS is positively BRILLIANT! {As is the girl WHAT made it!} heh heh YOU + Cathe Holden designs = PURE GOLD! Sincerely! THIS is awesome work, my friend! Yeee Haw!

Heather Rogers said...

WOW! This tecnique is perfect for a man card. I love the wild anilmas stamp. :)
Hugs~

Cathe Holden said...

LOVE!!!!! Geez, imagine the creativity if you, Elise and I all got together...something would probably explode.

Andrea M said...

WOW Dana!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous scene! Love the ink blending! Awesome tip about the clear spray paint!!!