Friday, April 29, 2011

Just Us Girls 82 Resist Embossing.....{birthday wishes}


Just Us Girls are challenging you to RESIST EMBOSSING....oh wait, not to actually resist the act of embossing ;)  Check out the technique on this {TUTORIAL} at split coast grab your heat gun and let's go!


I also drew inspiration from the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday 12 challenge, the Card Patterns Sketch #112, the Colour Q color #82 challenge and the butterfly challenge happening in The Shabby Tea Room.  I love the way all of these challenges played so nicely together!




For the JUGs emboss resist challenge, I stamped a Papertrey Ink flower over newsprint paper from SU! using Versamark Ink and clear embossing powder to seal the deal.  I sponged on baja-esce blues and pear-esce green to make the flower pop out of the ink.  I have to say that embossing and I are usually like oil and water but I was quite happy with the way this turned out.  Thanks, Andrea, for challenging me to bring out the embossing powder!



The Papertrey Ink pen lined edge was done using an avocado colored marker to match the avocado stamped sentiment from PTI's Faux Ribbon set.  The flower stem is also from Faux Ribbon set.


For tons of emboss resist inspiration please visit the rest of the Just Us Girls team along with Guest Designer, Teresa Kline.  We bid a fond farewell to Teresa after a month of inspired designs for the Just Us Girls blog.  It was a honor to work with you!

And thanks so much for stopping by here!
Photobucket 
Paper:  Stampin Up!, Papertrey Ink, Webster's Pages
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: SU!
Punch: Martha Stewart
Dies: Spellbinders
Ribbon and button: Papertrey Ink

Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the look of resist embossing, and I REALLY love the look it has on this ADORABLE card! Too fun:) Thanks for playing at CQC! :)

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous, Dana! Love your Emboss Resist, one of my favorite techniques! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty card, the resist embossing is great. I also like that you made your frame in a colour that compliments the card.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Dana! thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week.

Andrea M said...

Oh Dana! What a cheery, colorful, piece of birthday-wishing perfection!!! I LOVE this girl! Love your emboss resist flower and the fabulous DP! Simply looking at this sweet masterpiece makes me HAPPEEE!!!! WOWZAS! You rocked this technique!!! Fabulous inspiration!!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOVE the card!! The heat embossing looks mega cool. I always find your cards so inspiring! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card!! You did a great job! Love the colors and the resist! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

AKiteFlier said...

Well done Dana - you combined so many great challenges together and did it in typical exceptional Dana style. I snorted when I read your intro sentence. Very funny. :-)

Terre said...

Hi Dana, love you colorful card and the resist embossing technique....you nailed it girl..just lovely.

Kathryn B said...

Waht a cool looking flower Dana! I love the colors and the sketch...way to combine the challenges and come up with such a beauty!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Dana! Such a fresh & fun card! Thanks for playing with us this week at CQC!~