Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Grins...


I don't know about you, but Halloween is starting to pop up all over the place!  We had a first official Halloween craft a couple of nights ago at our local 4-H meeting.  The kids brought pumpkins to decorate and donate to a local convalescent home.  Before these embellished pumpkin pals were packed up to go on their merry way, I had to snap a quick photo of each.  My girls are easy smilers for their mamarazzi but nothing brought a more merry giggle to me this week than the quick grin of my youngest beaming next to her gap-toothed jack-o-lantern!!  Elise, of Mamacow Creations, noted that carving jack-o-lanterns must have originally been inspired by a mouthful of 2nd grade teeth...errr should I more accurately say *missing* 2nd grade teeth?!??  I totally agree! 

I'm linking this post up to fellow 4-H mom, Nancy of The Wife of Dairyman, on her Thankful Thursday linky.  I am thankful for the honest to goodness laugh and joy my girls bring to my life for the simplest things...today it happens to be driven by a little holiday crafting, what's not to love about that?

*I'm also thankful I was able to untangle a sewing machine bobbin thread today in the middle of stitching a Halloween costume...but that's a post for another day!*

Photobucket

4 comments:

Karen said...

They're so cute! And SECOND grade?! How did they get so big??!! Yes, I know, I ask the same thing about my own kidlets, often. Can't wait to see what costume you are stitching up! :>

Elise said...

Yeahoooooo for the FUN and fabulous 4H cuties! Those delightful grins make it ALL worth the effort, don't they! Such a great thankful thought! {And the bobbin thingy, as well! Been THERE! Can't wait to see THOSE costumes! Fabulous share, love bug! xoxo!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Dana, great pictures of the girls! Can you believe I completely forgot to take any photos that night?! Thanks for linking up to Thankful Thursday!

Lisa Kind said...

They are so beautiful, Dana! I love to see pictures of my friends' lovely kids! Especially when they are having so much fun! Makes me so envious!

PS...I hate bobbins, which is why I steer clear that machine! LOL!!