Friday, November 18, 2011

Just Us Girls #111 color challenge...building winter tags with buttons!


Hey friends!  There is a new color challenge going on over at Just Us Girls this week.  Vicki is getting us in the Christmas spirit with a red, white and green challenge!  I love Christmas crafting so this is right up my alley....thanks Vicki!


I decided to do a series of tags for this challenge and also incorporate BUTTONS to enter into the Buttons Galore and More challenge like I did over on my Christmas Cash envelope post.  The tag above has a favorite Waltzingmouse stamp on it plus a new love, candy cane striped pipe cleaner (!), a button festooned holly and an ol' standby...vintage sheet music (oops!  upside down)  Glitter and holiday striped yarn finish this tag off.

For the Rudolph fans, a cute googly-eyed, red button nosed deer!


The fab antler stamps are Inkadinkadoo!  One stamp for each side....just love the possibilities with these!


And finally a Frosty built of buttons!  What snowman about town would be complete without a dapper top hat and fleece scarf?? 

Notice how my middle button is a little mis-made on the bottom....but building a snowman with this button made the missing piece seem purposeful!  Frosty pops off a white embossed Waltzingmouse stamped label on red background layered onto a swiss dot embossed oval.  And more silver glitter and holiday yarn of course!


Are you ready to get your red, white and green on?  Be sure and swing my the design teams blogs and leave these hard working creative gals some love!

Plus our guest designer for the month of November, Kim O'Connell!

I hope you'll join us for this fabulous week of color!  Feel free to grab the challenge graphic from above or over at the Just Us Girls blog to include in your post and we'll see you soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by, I love your company!
Photobucket
Candy Cane Tag
Paper: Papertrey and vintage sheet music
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Die: Spellbinders
Craft Supply: pipe cleaner, buttons, yarn and fabric glitter glue

Deer Tag
Paper: Papertrey
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo
Craft Supply: button, yarn, glitter glue and google eyes

Snowman Tag
Paper: Papertrey
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Dies: Spellbinders
Ink and embossing: Stampin Up!
Envelope embosser: Cuttlebug swiss dots
Craft supply: buttons, yarn, glitter glue, embroidery floss, fleece, fabric paint

Photobucket

9 comments:

Andrea M said...

Dana! These tags are ADORABLE and just brimming with creativity! I love that fuzzy candy cane, the button snowman and the goggly reindeer!!! FABULOUS projects as always!!!

Lynn said...

Dana,
Your tags are so cute! I love the little button snowman...and I think I need to go make some of the pipe cleaner candy canes with my boys! They would love it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What an adorable center piece~ well done my fellow DT :)

Kathryn B said...

Lovin' your tags Dana! I love the glitter edge around the candy cane tag! I bought some of these pipe cleaners and now you've given me some ideas! Clever use of the cracked button too!

Anne Tussing said...

Love your tags! They are so fun, pretty and creative:)

Mynn xx said...

Oh, these are fabulous!!!! I'm thinking the button snowman is my fave--love, love, love these!!! :) Wonderful job!

AKiteFlier said...

THese are just TOTALLY adorable Dana - wow love the ideas and the buttons ARE the perfect touch. I also remember making "trees" like the one in your photo.. I believe we made them from Reader's Digests... Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Elise said...

I AM grinning, grinning, grinning! These creations are making me DELIGHTED on every level possible! THANK YOU, first off, for sharing these with Buttons Galore & More: HELLO! And with SUCH stunning use of color - GOODY gumdrops! SPLENDID, indeed!

Karen said...

You're right! That is a perfect way to use a slightly injured button! :> And is it bad that I was drooling over that word filled paper folded cone tree that you hung your cute tags on too? Love it! :>