Friday, January 20, 2012

Just Us Girls 120 color...Seize the Cupcake!

note:  Last chance to enter for my My Minds Eye paper drawing. I'll pick a winner after this weekend...don't miss out!
 

Hey Just Us Girls fans!  This week is a fabulous color challenge of red, white and pink!  I decided to use it as inspiration for a sweet treat of a card...the cupcake card cut file from Kelleigh Ratzlaff!  If you want to see examples of other ways I have used this cut file check out this post, this post, this post, and this post.  You can't really go wrong dressing up a cupcake shaped card!



I limited the red in my card to the pop of the heart shaped gem "cherry" on top and the fun birthday banner I stamped using sentiment stamps from Wilson Designs Strawberry Lemonade and a birthday set from Papertrey Ink.  I used a toothpick to wrap the flag and paper streamers around before I planted it behind the heart shaped gem.  Fabric paints continue to be my favorite "frosting" for these cards.


Swiss dot embossed white paper is like frosting with built in "sprinkles"!

If you are looking for sparkle and shine, be sure and check out what the rest of the girls did this week.....

Guest Designer for January...the talented Kylie Kueter!

Thanks so much for coming by today.  I hope you'll join us for the challenge!
Photobucket
Cut File:  Kelleigh Ratzlaff
Stamps: Wilson Designs and Papertrey
Ink: Stampin Up
Embossing: Cuttlebug
Paper: MME and Papertrey
Craft Supply: trims, fabric paint, heart shaped gem, toothpick

Photobucket

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Dana, this is beyond adorable. I love all the texture...and those sweet little flowers along the bottom! And the glitter..well everything! I love it!

Maria said...

LOVE LOVE that cupcake! In your wonderful shabby chic style! Fabulous job.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a sweet birthday card using the colors!

Andrea M said...

Dana! This is a blinged out, feminine, super PURDY card!!! What a BEAUTIFUL piece of art girl!!! Delicious and gorgeous!

Anne Tussing said...

Such a sweet card! I love the swiss dot frosting and the spectacular gem:)

Mona Pendleton said...

Pure eye candy Dana! That cupcake looks scrumptious!

Karen said...

You and cupcakes go hand in hand like frosting and sprinkles - whether they're colorful or built in! :> Love the blinged cherry on top!

Romaine said...

What a yummy looking cupcake! This is darling inspiration!