Friday, January 6, 2012

{Thinking of you today} with Just Us Girls #118, Papertrey MIM a la Carte and CR84FN45


It's the weekend!  Yeah baby!  Ours will be full of kid-tivities (basketball, party and 4H meetings), how about you?  Before you dive headlong into the first full weekend of 2012, I hope you'll take some creative time and join in on some great challenges.  To start it off, a fabulous sketch from Pam and Just Us Girls
  

 I drew my color inspiration from the creative ladies over at CR84FN....


 And added in some Papertrey Ink Make It Monday technique.  This week is a la carte...we can pick any of the previous techniques to use this time.  I jumped at the chance of going back to Week 13 for Make It Monday #13: Impression Plate Tricks 2...this is one I remember wanting to try so badly but just not working out the creative time to make it happen.  Well, no more!  I got some technique on amd can I just say *love*?!

Click on the top picture in this post or the one above to get a better look at how the oval die masked a perfect oval frame into the delicious Papertrey Ink impression plate woodgrain .  I was able to use Lacey Ovals silver Nestabling to frame the outer edge of the impressed oval and the inner edge of the white cardstock oval. This color scheme + the Papertrey stamps and impression plate woodgrain remind me of tea in a good friend's country kitchen!  I also used one of the floral stamps from Stitches and Swirls to stamp a "doily" for my teacup to rest upon.  I can see a long-lasting creative love affair with this stamp set coming my way.... Yowsa!


In the meantime, I am thinking of all of my friends today and sending this cyber greeting your way!  Especially to my gal pals over at Just Us girls:
PLUS, we have the honor of introducing our first Guest Designer for 2012...the talented Kylie Kueter!  Welcome to the land of JUGs, Kylie!  We are so glad to have you!

Ok friends!  Let's fire up those creative engines and let those ponies RUN!  Hope to see you around the challenge linkies.  Thanks so much for stopping by here!
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Papertrey Ink and Stampin Up!
Button: Papertrey Ink
Bling:  Want2Scrap
Die: Spellbinders
Twine: The Twinery
Craft Supply: vintage bookprint and seambinding
Flowers

Photobucket

19 comments:

Elise said...

IIIIIIIIIIII don't knowwwwwww how you do it, SWEET lil' Dane - YOU ARE soooo stinkin' CLEVER!!!!!!! This is positively YUMMY! Such a WONDERFUL color scheme - YEOWZA! I love ever INCH of this card, your spectacular use of color and ... HEY! Nice BLING! YOU have me all inspired to get my tired {you know what!} back into Scrapland and MAKE moreeeeeeee! WAhoooooooo! Thanks for the ginormous cuppa MOJO! Mmmmmmmm, hmmmmm!

Suzanne C said...

Love your teacup and the use of the colors are fantastic. Sweet card! Glad you joined us at CR84FN!

Lynn said...

Oh...love that you pointed out the embossing. What gorgeous details! Seriously loving all the bling Dana!

Stempeltiger said...

This is so gorgeous Dana!
I just love the bright colors and all the elements to it.
Have a wonderful, healthy and creative New Year
Hugs, Swantje

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Dana, I love the sparkly bling and the sweet little tea cup.

Andrea M said...

Hey Dana! Girl, this card is an absolute masterpiece! You really ROCKED the impression plate masking!! AMAZING! I love the fabulous colors in this beautiful card too! A feast for the eyes my dear!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to incorporate the challenges! Love that tea cup~

Kathryn B said...

Love the colors and all the bling so perfectly placed Dana! You ARE the queen of bling!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Dana! Lovin' the PTI goodness! Happy New Year and thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

cherry said...

adorable...very sweet

Karen said...

What a great way to frame out some more mileage from your plates! You are a one stop creative inspiration shop. Always happy to stop in! :>

Deborah Frings said...

What a fabulous card - the colours look super and I adore the teacup! Sweet roses and lots of lovely bling! FAb! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Dana. I love the tea cup with all the pretty bling. Great job combining the 3 challenges. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)
Hugs~

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Dana! Love the woodgrain background and oval frame cut out and all the fabulous bling! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the colours and the bling. Beautiful and fun card.

Sue Lelli said...

Dana, LOVE the woodgrain with the nestie and LOVE that darling teacup! The bling and the roses are FAB details, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Suzanne Russell said...

So pretty! I love the many layers and the way you worked in the colors for CR84FN. A little tag always gets my attention, too!

Maria said...

Love the bling!! Fabulous job with the sketch!!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh Dana, I love this card! The colors are so pretty and you made them look fabulous on your card! I love the "doily"...so clever! Great job with the sketch too!