Friday, April 13, 2012

Just Us Girls #132...Oh my lordy bees!


Oh goodness gracious!  It's time for a brand new Just Us Girls challenge!  This week Lisa challenges us to try the sponge a layer technique. 



Check it!  Me.  Queen of lumpy cards has a (OMG!) flat card this week!  Those ribbon banners are simply sponged on ink!  Woohoo!  I cut a ribbon banner using Spellbinders pennant banner nestibilities from cardstock and used the negative as a mask for inking up this card.  And seeing how this card and it's birthday wishes go out late to the recipient, I am rest assured that the delivery won't be held up by a lumpy embellishment that jams the envelope up in the postage cancellation machine at the post office! huh.  I could get used to this CAS stuff I think! 


Proof!  This card is FLAT, no bumps but still packs alot of visual punch, I think, with the gorgeous ink colors that have been swiped on.  Ready for a few more projects that will have you scrambling to your ink pads and applicators?

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll join us for this fun technique this week.
Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Colorbox and SU!
Die and die machine: Spellbinders
Ink applicator: Tim Holtz
Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love how you masked the banners! Such a fun card Dana!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm laughing reading this Dana! Too funny! I'm glad you like the flat card this technique allows you to make! Yours is so pretty! Great idea to sponge flags! Love it! Great colors too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the sponged banners!! i am so going to use this idea~ Fabulous job!

~Tammy~ said...

Very pretty Dana! :-)

Elise said...

I am whiping my hands on my apron and adjusting my pearls, before I strike the "Grandma Alma" pose and say, Land SAKES! This is a hum DINGER of a fine card! I bow to YOU, crafty inspirer! Yipeee!