Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sprinkle the Sparkle challenge

With a challenge name like that, who can resist playing along?? See Spike's challenge details and a tutorial for burnished glitter here. I decided to use a cuttlebug a2 embossing folder to dry emboss the circle pattern on the kraft colored cardstock. The brown micro glitter is from Martha Stewart and it looks rich and decadent in person. MMMMMmmm this makes me want coffee :)
I chose to fill only random areas of the circle pattern and I like the way it turned out. I don't do random very well so it was nice to have the embossing plate as a guide. I just glittered all of the skinny circles and small dot areas. Thanks for looking!
Supplies:
stamps: Papertrey Ink
cardstock: bazzill
glitter: Martha Stewart
embossing plate: cuttlebug
ink: Su! tempting turquiose and colorbox chalk ink in chestnut roan and alabaster
Other: paper twistel, ribbon scrap, button, striped paper scrap

4 comments:

spikescreativeside said...

Dana, I love how you randomly choose the circles to glitter! You did a fabulous job of it! Thanks for playing along with us for the Sprinkle with Sparkles Challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog!!

Hugs

~Spike

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful card. Really like glitter and picking and choosing areas turned out great.

chickadee3357 said...

Love how your card turned out! The random glitter is great!

Karen said...

Dana, love your cup 'o jo card! Thanks for sharing a blog I had not seen before....looks like fun over there! :> Love your random coffee circles and the turquoise!