Friday, November 26, 2010

Just us Girls #61 3D/template challenge.....{joy}


Happy saturday challenge with Just Us Girls!  Our darling Kristin has challenged us to use a 3-D holiday element on our project this week.  Did someone say 3-D?  As in "lumpy"?  Game on!  I love lumpy!
I also drew inspiration from the current CPS sketch #194

I turned the sketch on it's side and came up with this:

I've been wanting to make my version of these cute stuffed felt iceskate ornament I recently saw.  Kristin's challenge was the perfect time to try one of these cuties on for size and it serves as my letter "j" in JOY.  I was also inspired by Nora and her cute layered tinsel snowflakes for the "o".  For the "y", a good ol chipboard "y" would have to suffice.  I painted it with acrylic paint and dolled it up with Want 2 Scrap bling so it wouldn't feel left out of the creative party! ;)

Lumps and bumps, lumps and bumps, oh how I love those lumps and bumps!
So....what do you think?  Will you join us for our 3-D challenge?  I hope so!  A huge thank you to Cheryl Rowley for being our guest designer this month.  It's been a pleasure creating with Cheryl!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper: Papertrey
Bling: Want 2 scrap
Embosser: Cuttlebug
Punch: Martha Stewert and CM
Ink: SU!
Craft supply:  handmade felt iceskate, streamer, tinsel, ribbon, buttons, silver jewelers thread, jingle bells
Photobucket

18 comments:

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

now how super cute is this?!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh Dana! LOL I love reading your posts! I'm with you gf, lumps and bumps...game on! The bumpier the better. Just when it gets to the point of no longer fitting in an envelope, we're on our way! Ha ha ha

I cannot even believe you made that adorable ice skate!!! Your tinsel snowflake is such a cute "O" and your Y is just perfect painted pink and blinged up! Such a fun, pretty, Dana-y project ♥

Will you please bottle an ounce of your creative genius and send it my way for the holidays?! That would be great :]

Rosemary said...

holey.cow!! what a FANTASTIC lumpy, bumpy beautiful card, dana!! in awe girl, in awe!

Kathryn B said...

OMG Dana! This is so freakin' creative! I just love that skate it's so cool. Once again you've dazzled me with your unique spin on a challenge! All the elements you used along with your colors are awesome!
How I get my pattern so perfectly lined up is pure luck I jusy eye ball it! LOL!!!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh this is beyond Gorgeous!! I love your lumpy bumpy card that ice skate is so creative with it's paper clip blade! I think I will try a stocking! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration
Juliexx

Amy Sheffer said...

How cute, cute, cute!! That skate is AMAZING!

Elise said...

You SLAY me... No, wait, you SLEIGH me! HA HA Joy, joy, ever-lasting paper craftiness - JOY! This is LUSCIOUSLY excellent, SLD! I love it! You sure got you GAME on, sista!

Alicia Weiman said...

Dana, I LOVE your card. That skate makes the perfect J! Love the colors too. I might have to case you on this one :-) Have a good weekend!

Robbie said...

Love, love, LOVE your card!!! You are so creative and original!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my gosh Dana! This card is too cute! Love the felt ice skate with the paper clip blade! So creative!

Ann said...

Eeee! SO freakin' CUTE!

Karen said...

Cah-ute!!!! Love that sweet retro ice skate and of course, all. that. sparkle. and. shine!! :>:> Glad you are getting your festive on!

AKiteFlier said...

Dana Dana Dana - THis is beyond fabulous - I LOVE your stuffed ice skate and your snowflake and even the chipboard Y!! What a wonderfully creative project in fun wintery colors.

Andrea M said...

Oh Dana!!!! Your skate can absolutely play with my tree!! :) Your card is KA-UTE!!!! I love how you used the different elements as the word "JOY" - girl, you are just jam-packed with creative goodness! Wonderful work!

Monique said...

This is Beautiful Dana!! The skate is the cutest thing I have ever scene... Love it!!

Maria said...

Beautiful! So clever, love it Dana!!

Lisa Kind said...

I love the ice skate ornament! The paper clip is so cute! And I love how cleverly you used it and the snowflake as letters! Too cute! Love it in all the pinks, too!