Friday, May 13, 2011

Just Us Girls 84....stamp kissing with a twist


Hey friends!  Time to fire up your stamps and ink for a little kissing!  If you've never tried this technique before, check out this great tutorial over at Splitcoast stampers.

I must admit, the "twist" part threw me for a loop so I stuck to the first two steps....no twisting for me.  Yikes!  I have met my stamp technique match with this one!

I opted to stamp contrasting ink colored polka dots to serve as "sprinkles" on these sweet ice cream cones.  Super easy to do.  And of course, they are topped with "bling" cherries! ;)

Ready to get your ink on with the girls from Just Us Girls?
Kristin Eberline
And don't forget our creative Guest Designer, Clare Buswell!

I'm so glad you stopped by!  It's been a little quiet on my blog lately...nothing major going on here, just the usual end of the school year rush with my kiddos!  Anyone else doing the last minute field trip, science project, picnic, teacher thank yous rush?  It's exhilarating and full of SO much fun for the kids and me too...but the craft room is lonely!  ;)  Only two more weeks to go and then is SUMMER BREAK (am I ready???)  those of you with kids wishing for summer break, are YOU ready?? 
Photobucket
Paper: SU! and Papertrey
Stamps: Papertrey Ink

Ribbon: Stampin Up!
Die: Papertrey Ink

Photobucket

3 comments:

Elise said...

DELICIOUS and DELIGHTFUL - just like YOU, sweet Dane! Your kissing technique is JUST RIGHT! Sometimes, you just can't get all twisty! {LOL!} Good to see some FABBY Dana style bright AND sweet subject matter to make my day A LOT more festive! I love THIS cheery, adorable, multi pieced, piece of FANTASTICNESS! You are ALL that and jimmies on TOP! Yeee Haw!

Andrea M said...

This is oh-so-FABULOULICIOUS Dana!!! YUM!!! I think your take on the technique turned out perfectly!! The colors are vibrant and so refreshing!!! Delish!!! Those are my kinda cherries!! Absolutely masterful take on the challenge! It makes me happy just looking at it - it must be so fab IRL!!!

Clare said...

love your ice cream trio complete with sprinkles! very cheery!!