Friday, July 22, 2011

Just Us Girls #94 ...the bag challenge!

Hey y'all!  A super fun challenge over at Just Us Girls this week....it's the gift bag challenge!  I hope you like it and will have fun unleashing your creative spirits on the blank canvas of the ordinary gift bag.
Thanks to my super talented friend Samantha who is an amazingly creative and gifted crafter with yarn *hi Sam!*, I was lead to find tutorials on crocheting on youtube.....and made the above crocheted flower following this tutorial!  This was so FUN!...especially since I am *not* gifted like my friend Samantha!  I thought a crochet flower and a simple chain stitch "ribbon" would be a fun and cozy way to dress up my kraft colored gift bag.
By using an anywhere hole punch, I was able to punch some holes to thread my yarn ribbon through. Easy!
I used the same holes to tie my crochet rose to the bag.  How fun will this be to fill up with yarn craft supplies....or as packaging to a hand crocheted custom beanie hat like my friend, Samantha, makes???

Ready for more inspiration? Check out
and our guest designer for July, the talented Christina MacLaren!
 
Thanks for coming by and I hope you'll join us on this fun challenge!

Photobucket
Gift Bag: Michaels
Yarn and crochet needle

Photobucket

7 comments:

Karen said...

You are the queen of dressing up a bag in a most fun, festive, & simple way. That bag looks so sweet, wrapped up in warm pretty fuzzies. And Yay Samantha for showing you were to go! :>

Elise said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeet, Dana G! What a WONDERFUL bag treatment - and HUGE gift of us, crochet-challenged, crafty folks! I cannot WAIT to check out that tutorial - RIGHT up my alley! Wahooooo! Divine subject for this week's challenge - YOU are SUCH a spectacular influence, my friend! Yipeeeeeeee!

Kathryn B said...

What a fun idea to crochet such a fabby flower Dana! Love the colors of it! Thanks for such a fun and simple challenge and the tutorial! Wish I'd of brought some yarn to camp so I could give this a try right NOW!

scrappermimi said...

Dana, this is just gorgeous...and brilliant too!

Rebekah said...

So pretty. what a cool idea! And love the fact that the crocheted piece can be up-cycled and used again:) Brilliant

Lisa Kind said...

Oh what a fun way to dress up this plain bag..and so simply! Love that you crocheted your own flower with a tutorial! My grandmother used to crochet and she taught me a little! I should see if I remember how to do it again! Great bag and great challenge!

Christina said...

Your crochet flower is fabulous, Dana! Love that you used a yarn chain to wrap it all up, too. I'll be checking out this tutorial!