Monday, July 25, 2011

Make It Monday...Ahoy Little Sailor!


It's been awhile since I've been able to jump in on a Papertrey Make it Monday challenge.  I'm excited to have a chance to try on the coloring with white ink challenge #25.  Taking Heather's lead with her snowman stamped on craft, I decided on the cute onesie from the Bitty Baby Blessings set. 


I loved how the white ink gave the onesie a soft cottony look. 


I didn't love how the white ink lightens the black ink stamped lines so I did my best to re-line the images with a fine line black marker....the boat sail proved a little tough for me!  I also colored in the sail with a white poster paint sharpie pen so it would pop from the onesie a bit.  This was a really fun technique, especially on kraft paper.  Thanks for the inspiration Heather!Photobucket
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Stampin Up
Buttons: Papertrey Ink and other
Punch: Stampin Up!
Craft supply: white sharpie, red and white bakers twine

Photobucket

6 comments:

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Dana,
I am sure that any new Mommy would love to receive this handmade card. I love working with white ink; very FUN!
Smiles, Paula

Kay D said...

Aww, this is just super sweet, and I love that row of buttons!

Elena said...

it turned out so cute! it does look like a cotton onesie!

Indy's Designs said...

Ohhhhhh, the onesie is just perfect! Love the buttons with the twine! Great card!

Donelda said...

I agree, the white does make for a soft white cotton look - a perfect stamp choice! I did not like the way the white covered the black lines either so drew over them with a marker just like you did ;-) I think it makes the world of difference!

Elise said...

Ahoy, the little sailor - oh, how I remember the day! WHAT a darling, powery-WONDERFUL and nostalgic piece - I'm in love! Just a rocking and holding and humming kind of love - AHHHHHH! This is ADORABLEEEEEE! Great piece, sweet Dane!