Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Give a little LoVe

Hey y'all! Long time no post! I guess I took the week off! It was productive though...I did a TON of spring cleaning that took until summer to get around to. I feel quite accomplished now :)

So back to my regularly scheduled program of crafting and creating. One of the huge benefits of cleaning out and downsizing my STUFF around the house is that I have finally accomplished clearing a space to have my sewing machine out again. I have been seriously jonesing for some stitched paper accents and FINALLY! the time has come! I have a feeling there will be a whole lotta stitchin' going on here for a while....

I have lots of cards to make this month for so many special celebrations starting with a wedding and two anniversaries THIS weekend. One of those anniversaries is my own (11 years) and the other is my parents' (35 years). And a dear friend is starting her first day of many happy anniversaries on Saturday as she takes her vows with the one she loves. I haven't added a sentiment to this card yet since I haven't decided WHO will get it but I think a simply stamped sentiment inside will do. The colors on the card all arrived with the use of this yummy striped paper from CTMH. My sweet friend, Leigh, is a consultant for CTMH {click HERE for her website} and she dropped off a lovely goody bag chock full of paper, embellishments and a stamp set to me last week. She knows how to make a girl's heart go pitter patter...thanks girlie! THAT was so sweet and I had to make something with it right away! With the paper heart in place, it was a cinch to arrange buttons around the edge and stitch with embroidery floss. Simple, but I love it!

I'm so glad you stopped by today! It means the world to me! I hope you give and receive a little love today :)

Supplies:
Designer PAper: CTMH
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Buttons: Papertrey Ink and my button collection ;)
Embroidery floss: DMC
Punch: SU!
Die cut: SIzzix
Embosser folder: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
and MY SEWING MACHINE yay!

6 comments:

Winter said...

"Sew" cute! :) I love the buttons!

Elise said...

This is soooooo sweet it made me gasp! Plus, your POST was so sweet it made me teary! What a breathtaking card: I know that it will perpetuate that joy to whomever receives it! Lucky FRIEND! Happy Anniversary to two of the most beautiful couples, God has ever joined...! You're awesome!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great! I love it!! Happy Anniversary! My husband and I celebrated 11 years in May!

Karen said...

Too too cute, Miss Dana! I've had buttons swimming in my head, before my eyes (my Princess's favorite activity....Before I let her loose with a glue stick for the first time today! :> lol), and you have provided me some much needed inspiration! :> Thank you! Congratulations to both you and your 'hubs' and your parents too! I hope you celebrate with a lotta love...I wish you the best!!! :>

tg said...

Cute Cute Cute. Really like this cute card. Now I am bummed that I spent the night cleaning and not scrapping...

Sue from Oregon said...

oh goodness is this ever cute!