Thursday, July 2, 2009

Me {creative} soul on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot!

Ohhh, doesn't that song make you feel like you are on tropical vacation? While I don't have any
tropical vacation on the horizon, I can have a STAYcation with this ADORABLE digital kit, Hot, Hot, Hot, from the DigiChick Boutique and Sassy Purse #3 from Kelleigh Ratzlaff!

All of the papers in this fun project come from from the digital kit, including the great hibiscus flower for the purse closure. Just print and go!
I wanted this tote to be finished inside and out so I printed my cardstock on both sides with the flowered DP and the checked DP. Kelleigh has posted a great tutorial for purse assembly on her website {here} if you would like to see how simply these templates work.
Inking on the edges of the tote and the flower give this project some extra "suntan" and I was delighted to pullout some vintage fiber from Memory Makers. Remember when we had to have it in every color combo? The hibiscus closure works with a bit of Velcro underneath.
I thought the back side of this purse was worth showing too! The vertical strip is attached to the hibiscus on the front but could be a purse embellishment on its own I think. This project is large enough to hold a disposable camera, a chapstick, a sunscreen stick and maybe some nail polish so the receiver is all set for summer poolside. Perfect for those summer birthdays or to give a sweet bon voyage gift to the good friend heading out on the tropical vacation we wish we were on too! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your day is hot, hot, hot! :)
Supplies:
Digital kit: The DigiChick Boutique
Tempalte: Kelleigh Ratzlaff
Ink: Colorbox
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Other: Microsoft Word 2007, fibers, flower shaped brads, adhesive Velcro

6 comments:

Karen said...

Dana, your project Is Hot, Hot, Hot!!! I can so see a fantastic 'have fun in the sun' summer gift, birthday gift, or even a teacher or summer program leader present! Love the inking and oh so good for you for using fibers from your Stash!!!! I think you have become the expert of paper crafting purses.....they show off your creativity and fun play so well! :>

Elise said...

Oh, no you di-int! You sassy, sassafras! That is the cutest, stinkin'of yummy suntan lotion, with mouth-watering coconutty goodness, flip flops and funky sunglasses, CREATION {this side of your "Coach" purse project... ahem!:o)}... EVER! Let's fill it up and head to the beach, baby! Wahoo! All that from your little printer and FABULOUS designs from the digi-goddesses! WOW! I must go get a pedicure, it suddenly feels like flip-flop weather!

Elise said...

Dang it! Do you see up there! Karen beat me by ONE little minute! {:o)} She is F - A - S - T !

Sharyn said...

Beautiful purse and ideas, love the inked suntan! This kit is the perfect touch for a summer gift purse. It sure is HOT!!!

Kelleigh said...

Have I mentioned how much I love this? I do. Really. It is SO stunning!! I'm jealous of your creativity!!

Ann said...

OMGoodness! This is fantastic! You rock, girl! LOVE this!!!!